I hate making sheaths bad enough.....

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
But having to do them TWICE is maddening. I had a sheath all cut out, ready to glue up and sew.....then had to leave on a short errand. I got back to the shop and went to assemble the sheath..... couldn't find part of it. After looking everywhere, I found Blade (our new lab pup) out in the dog pen, having a field day with it! Guess he figured the first one wasn't good enough, and that I should make another. :)

The piece on the left is what Blade got hold of....the right is the "remake".

I half suspect that puppies have some kind of "magical power"...... doesn't seem to matter how far back on the bench you put something, or how small they are......they have the ability of "levitate" whatever they want to within their reach! :)

Ed, you have to look at from the pup's perspective!

Uh, I was pretty sure you were making me a chew toy, right,............ ! :lol:

Spend hundreds on designated chew toys for pups. Leave a piece of leather for 20 min where they can smell an see it it will disappear and the chew toys are untouched.
The second one has more of a new fresh no slobber look to it. Sorry bout the shop gnomes muschief.

Very similar phenomenon can be observed with kids. Buy them a fancy new toy and give them a big cardboard box. See which one gets played with. :3:

Spend hundreds on designated chew toys for pups. Leave a piece of leather for 20 min where they can smell an see it it will disappear and the chew toys are untouched.
The second one has more of a new fresh no slobber look to it. Sorry bout the shop gnomes muschief.

Back