I Have a 40+ lbs Box of G-11 to Give Away, interested?

I have gotten the addresses so far, I have sent an email to the gunny1911, if I do not get a response by next Tuesday, I will do another random number, Boxes have to go.
Jim

2thumbs

Last edited:
Yes my box arrived safely and looks like some good stuff. I just have to figure out how to cut it in to little pieces for folder scales :)

Thanks again

Alistair

Jim, I cant thank you enough. You sent me a box big enough to keep me going for quite some time. Ive got an idea for some of it already, a two blade, linerless, toothpick fishing knife. Cant wait to get started on it, just got to finish what is on the bench. (have 5 going right now.)

Thanks again, and I would suggest anyone to contact Jim about some of this, it is great stuff.

Sean

G-11 Giveaway

Jim

Just joined today and saw your great offer. Yes please sign me up for a chance. Just started knifes a few years ago. Have the basics down, but am now working on fit and finish.

Just to let you all know it can be hand cut if you go slow with a hack saw and cobalt blade. I even sliced it for scales then evened it out with a 60 grit on my flat platen.

Guys that won or had some previously, I need a favor please. :eek:
postpics.gif

I want pictures of knives and or jigs made with it, I need ideas for myself.
Thanks,
Jim

I am hoping to make a set of scales for my RAT Izula - just need to have access to a bandsaw for a minute! ;)

Thanks again, Jim. As soon as I am able to use this I will post pics!

Jim here is one I just did well last week . Ide like to know if there is a better way to drill the holes so they dont chip being drilled after being glued on one side at a time doesnt work well . I will how ever get a 5/16 cobalt drill bit for the next attempt. this one is a little paring knife 1095 steel
HPIM2010.jpg

Jim here is one I just did well last week . Ide like to know if there is a better way to drill the holes so they dont chip being drilled after being glued on one side at a time doesnt work well . I will how ever get a 5/16 cobalt drill bit for the next attempt. this one is a little paring knife 1095 steel
HPIM2010.jpg

Are you getting chipping on entrance end or exit end of the procedure? If on the exit end, predrill all the way through with a drill bit 1/2 the diameter of the hole you want then drill with the right size almost through from both sides. The first small drill all the way through should give you a good centering for the correct sized bit.

BTW: Nice paring knife,2thumbs
Jim

Recieved the box mid week but wasnt in town,.. Thumper told me it was here when I called home.
I asked about it and told her it was going to be heavy, she said, " Well, Sarah the mail lady was cussin you when she left it, so im betting this is it" LOL.
Thanks again, this should make some interesting things,as well as some cool scales.
Pix when I use it :)

Hey Jim, I'm trying to decide if I should use the G11 on knives or for bullet-proof armor! Good crap this stuff is tough! I was hoping I could cut it in half without a bandsaw but that's not gonna happen - but once I get somebody to cut it up for me, on steel it will go! Thanks again Jim!

Here is a quick photo of a pocket cutlass in G-11. I've got an edc as well but it has tape residue on the blade at the moment.

Back