If you find this humorous, then you are no doubt a knife maker.

Fred Rowe

A good friend gave me a bunch of his old jeans that didn't fit him anymore. They were still in plenty good shape and I was grateful to have so many new work pants for the shop.

I had worn about half of them and then one morning when choosing the next pair; I came across this set of cutoffs with only two belt loops left; one on each side at the leg seam. I saw no problem forthcoming, so I ran my leather belt testhrough the one loop and then around the back and through the other loop on the right side. I slipped my 1084 EDC on next and then through the metal clasp in front. I clipped my big set of keys to the left belt loop. Ready for the day.

It went well all through the morning with me just having to do a little belt adjustment along the way. I went in for lunch, my habit being to sit in my easy chair to rest my back. When I got up to leave, my big set of keys, which were hanging from the left belt loop caught in the side of the chair and ripped the loop off. So now I had one loop on the right side where my belt knife was. So naturally, I moved my big set of keys to the remaining belt loop. I sat there a while catching up on my reading and about a half hour later I figured I better get back to work. I put my hands on the chair arms to assist my exit and the big set of keys got caught in the other side of the chair.
Standing all the way up; the cutoffs immediately fell to my ankles but my old leather belt along with my belt knife were still secure around my waist.

There was an upside to this; after I pulled the cutoffs back up and went up stairs to find another pair from the pile and decending the stairs I heard my wife and her sister laughing so hard they found it hard to catch their breaths.

If you find the humor in this you are no doubt a knife guy. :) Fred

Thanks for the laugh Fred that was a good one.By the way I used your bubble jig to blend the plunge line on a blade that I had already ground and wanted a exaggerated forward can't on .It worked flawlessly .I love that thing !

I concur with Bruce about no need for pictures, but still funny.

I knew there was a reason I quit wearing keys on my belt!

The human mind is imaginative and perverse when given the slightest impulse. At times pictures just detract from the story. I think this is one of those. :)

Back