In a bind with my grind!!

$64 HF 4 by 36 to hog off material, then finish with files and paper. Don’t get me wrong though, the second that my shop is done (actually about a week before) my KMG will be in the mail. I have to admit, however, that I would not trade my file/sandpaper experience for 20 KMG’s. I’m willing to bet that every person who has ever owned a pro grade grinder also has a set of files. It’s funny they don’t throw them away... hmm... I wonder why. Lol

I agree. Until you work with files, I'm not sure you can have a real good understanding of what you're trying to do with a grinder. A grinder is not magic. It doesn't do anything you can't do with files. But once you know what you are trying to do, it sure is nice to grind out bevels in less than an hour!

I was madder than a hornet when I got my grinder. I had this delusional idea that grinding bevels was going to be so easy! All I did was make a wavy, gouged out piece of crap that I had to finish by draw filing anyway. It took me about ten blades on my grinder before I didn't need to use files to fix bevels or plunges.

I agree. Until you work with files, I'm not sure you can have a real good understanding of what you're trying to do with a grinder. A grinder is not magic. It doesn't do anything you can't do with files. But once you know what you are trying to do, it sure is nice to grind out bevels in less than an hour!

I was madder than a hornet when I got my grinder. I had this delusional idea that grinding bevels was going to be so easy! All I did was make a wavy, gouged out piece of crap that I had to finish by draw filing anyway. It took me about ten blades on my grinder before I didn't need to use files to fix bevels or plunges.

I'm still learning on my grinder I'm on my third knife with it. So I have a few more to ruin!! LOL!! It's fun though! And I learn a little more everytime!!

Back