Insurance

MT Knives

I was looking over the Blade Show Rules and it gives guidelines for insurance for the show. Do you have any advise on where to get insurance for the show? What do you ask for when talking to an insurance agent?

Thank You

Are they talking liability insurance? Theft?

Personally, in all the years I've been doing shows, I've never had "show insurance".

11. INSURANCE
Exhibitor shall carry public liability, property damage and products liabilityinsurance coverage (including premises,
operations and contractual liability)of at least $1,000.00 for such liability together with statutory worker’scompensation coverage with a limit of at least $100,000.00.

It's probably a disclaimer that they have to put in their show rules to cover their own rear ends. I'd bet that there are MANY (probably most) table holders that don't have such insurance.

call a local independent insurance agent. i am trying to find the same sort of policy for a show i am doing in south dakota in june.

i am trying to find the same sort of policy

Thats likely going to be the problem. IF you can find a company willing to insure a knifemaker, its going to be insanely expensive. When we built the new blacksmith shop a number of years ago, I searched for over a month, trying to find a company that would insure it. The ONLY option I was able to find was to be a member of ABANA, and insure the shop through The Hartford agency out of New York.

At the same time I was checking into liability insurance.....after checking literally all over the U.S., most just said, "We will not insure anything to do with knives or knifemaking. The couple of quotes I was able to get were simply out of my reach.... the "best" of the two quotes was more per month then all of my monthly household bills combined.

Back