Jacque Eagon from near Dallas, Texas

J

jacqueeagonsr

Eagon Leather & Knives

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have always had a creative need; a need to be an artist. Whether becoming a knife maker was destiny or luck – who knows? In my late 20’s, about 1977, I bought a book, Step-by-step Knifemaking by David Boye, and read it. Having neither the place nor the wherewithal for making knives, the book ended up in storage. Thirty-some years later, seeing retirement just around the corner and wondering what I was to do with myself, three events occurred almost simultaneously. The ‘book’ was found in storage. I was given almost all of the tools for a leather shop. And, I bought my first copy of Blade magazine. I became a knife maker; a cutler.

I have become, generally, the sole authorship maker of handmade knives and sheaths. No CNC machinery is involved and rare collaborations are duly noted. My hand is in control of every tool and process from the raw material to the finished product, including heat treating of the blades and hand stitching of the sheaths. Primarily interested in historical reproduction and renditions of early Americana, my objective is to create functional works of art and usable tools. Every knife comes with a sheath custom made for that knife. Both knife and sheath are guaranteed against flaws in craftsmanship as long as I am able to work provided they are used as intended; to cut, chop, slice and dice. Knives are not screwdrivers nor pry bars.

In order to successfully follow my heart, I make whatever my heart desires and offer them as soon as they are tested and available. Custom orders are not offered; however, I’m always open to suggestions.

Thank you for your interest in my work and for your support of handmade cutlery.

And, Thanks to Bruce Bump for introducing me to this forum.

Attachments

• IMG_0511 800x450.jpg
    IMG_0511 800x450.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 16
Back