Jigged bone skinner...

bladegrinder

Here's a jigged bone handled skinner, I profiled two blades and let the customer pick which one he liked... here they are pre-heat treat......

sCzGoTo.jpg

Surprise ! ......Alabama Damascus, post heat treat and etched...........

s6qc2pz.jpg

He picked the bottom one and requested jigged bone and white micarta bolsters with red liners and nickel silver pins, the pictures could be a lot better, these were taken on the tailgate of my truck. ;)
thanks for looking and hope you all like it....

34Z61JD.jpg

zhBmuXD.jpg

Thanks guy's, Steven, I used nickel silver pins. it's kind of hard to see them right in those pictures.
I would have picked the bottom one also, every time I use a raindrop it comes out looking good but it always looks kind of busy, like maybe too busy, I don't know maybe it's just me.

Those are beauties! All of your knives are, though. I’d have flipped a coin and been happy with either one.

Thanks guys, that one's going to Tennessee. funny thing is this is the second one going to a friend of the first who said they saw my logo and "handmade knives" on the back window of my truck on the highway while they were headed back to Tennessee from Florida. - Dang it, I knew that emblem would pay off one day ha ha...:D

2p5krM4.jpg

Beautiful! I want to learn how to work with that material, but I’m a little intimidated. I need to use handle material that can withstand a full blown smack with a 4lb hammer. Some times I miss the pins when I’m attaching handles.

Thanks guys, that one's going to Tennessee. funny thing is this is the second one going to a friend of the first who said they saw my logo and "handmade knives" on the back window of my truck on the highway while they were headed back to Tennessee from Florida. - Dang it, I knew that emblem would pay off one day ha ha...:D

2p5krM4.jpg
That's awesome! Never know where a sale will come from. :)

Beautiful! I want to learn how to work with that material, but I’m a little intimidated. I need to use handle material that can withstand a full blown smack with a 4lb hammer. Some times I miss the pins when I’m attaching handles.
I don't think you will have a problem there Kevin you seem to pick things up real quick.

Back