Just finished - O-1 & A2

UncleBillyKnives

Here are two I just finished. A2 and camo G10 from Midwest Knifemaker Supply. The O-1 has G11 from the MOTH giveaway. I just have to make the sheath and sharpen. All comments welcome. Thank-you for looking.IMAG0193.jpgIMAG0192.jpg

Very nice grinds! Great workmanship! I've been using A2 because its available flat ground at a reasonable price, but I've read that it can be brittle on the edges if ground at too shallow an angle. Don't know if that's true, but what angle do you grind the sharpened edge?

Very nice grinds! Great workmanship! I've been using A2 because its available flat ground at a reasonable price, but I've read that it can be brittle on the edges if ground at too shallow an angle. Don't know if that's true, but what angle do you grind the sharpened edge?

I did these as practice for hollow grinding. Before sharpening, the blades are .027 - .030 thick and i will do a convex edge on the slack belt portion of my grinder. I will do some cutting tests on it but i do not expect any issues. thanks for commenting.

the last couple were flat ground and stonewashed. But as these were for working on my hollow grinding, I wanted to see how i could put on a finish with out handsanding.

Nice work on these Uncle B.

Polish without hand sanding.......Walk your grits up to 800 then 15 micron and then 9 micron film belt. Polish with rough polish then pink scratchless. This will give you a lineless polish without having to hand sand. Gotta take your time to make sure you have all the deep scratches out before you go up in grits. Work your grind to full polish then work your flats. This will give you that crisp grind line. When polishing your flats, try not to polish from your grind toward your flat. This will eat away at your grind line. Polish from your flat toward your grind. Keeps the lines crispy.

Back