Just some stuff I've been working on

Wayne Bensinger

Hey guys, good morning, boy let me first say I really struggle with computers and am having a heck of time posting and getting pictures to albums and posted up, been an hour now and still working on it! Wish there where instructions here, or are there, lol!
Anyway, enough babble.
I've been working on a bunch of stuff, mostly some 440c skinners with a finger hole, probably have made 12 of them so far. Here's some pictures of them. Some have box elder burl, G-10, oak burl for the handles with loveless and epoxy holding it together. Sanded to 600 for the finish and each has a gut hook.
Also, I picked up this nice industrial etcher from a guy who had 4 of them just sitting around doing nothing, he said the shop he worked in changed procedures for marking and they were going in the dumpster, do you believe that! Anyway, I had to make the leads, but that was easy enough.
I also have a lead on a small surface grinder, the guy said it runs out about .003. I said "that's ok, I can't hold a blade any closer than that by hand anyway, right."
Thanks for looking guys and have a great day, expecting 5 more inches of snow here today so I'm heading out to church and then I'm gonna warm up the shovel!

Wayne

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 40
Hey Wayne, those turned out great! Like how you rounded the heels - will have to try that. And fantastic score on the etcher- my etches got a lot better when finally got a real unit.

Great looking knives Wayne. Is that a flat grind on those? They look very functional and practical for everyday use.

I also like that spalted wood. What is it?

Yes, they are flat grinds, the first one I did I tried a hollow grind, but with the tight radius on the blade, I wasn't having any luck. The wood is box elder burl. I didn't think at first it would look so good, but now I'm sold, it's a great look. Thanks guys.

Wayne

Back