KD July KITH official picture thread.

thanks again for letting me in.
here's my entry.
a shade under 8" oal with an almost 4"long bl 440c ht by knifemaker.ca. Rc tested at 60. walnut scales with either stainless or nickle tubes (not sure which material they are as all my pin/ tube stock was given to me by an old knifemaker who no longer makes)
DSCN0938.jpg

DSCN0942.jpg

no pix of the sheath. my leather work leaves alot to be desired but it is serviceable.

Last edited:
IMG_0065.jpg
This is what I'm entering into the July KITH. It's a drop point S-guard through tang knife with browned wrought iron furniture and a lignum vitae handle. OAL is 10" with a 5.5" blade, 1.5" wide, and 3/16" thick at the guard. The steel is 9260. It comes with a Mexican loop sheath.

Doug

I am not gonna post a picture until its totally finished, but I can tell you some things... Uncle Aldo's 1095, 4.25", 9", swedge, tapered, and black white blue... :)

I'm just about done... Need to make the sheath and clean up some minor things. Hope to get that done over the long weekend.

I'm done as soon as I get a second to down the camera i'll post mine. All the knives are looking great!!!!

steve

Picture 001.jpgPicture 003.jpgSorry the pics suck so bad I will try to get some better soon, also I do have some finishing to do and mark it but I will have that done before the weekend is out

I got my KITH knife finished today, all except for my maker's mark. I'm also going to be doing a kydex sheath for horizontal or vertical carry.

Aldo's 1095 SB finish
Long swedge that could be sharpened if desired...
~9" overal
~4.25" blade
Black linen micarta over white, blue and black 0.030" G10 layers
SS Corby's

kith1.jpg

kith2.jpg

thanks Stan... I am finally feeling like i know what to do, even if I'm not that great yet. That "winging it" feeling is going away. :)

Brad had a friend take him to meet some guys who knew what they are doing and he picked up alot of good advice :D. Lookin good brother.

I sure did... :) But this one guy kept talking about false-edge this and false-edge that... I figured I had to try out a false edge to see what all the fuss was about, and at this point, I'm starting to like them.

Tonite, this one gets kydex!

I am a bit behind on this one. I did get it heat treated tonite. It came out very well. Should be able to make the deadline, maybe. I will get it tempered in the morning and polished up tomarow night! And what to put on the handle?

Hunter Utility

Here's what I came up with...

Hunter Utility in CPM D2 with desert ironwood scales and 416 bolsters. Overall length is about 8 3/8", cutting edge is about 3 1/2"

2011kith1.JPG

2011kith4.JPG

2011kith3.JPG

2011kith2.JPG

I don't know why the edge looks all jagged by the plunge in the first picture, it really isn't. That happened in the photo after I re sized it.

Back