KD July KITH official picture thread.

My Doug Lester knife arrived today. While it's not exactly the style of knife I tend to lean towards, the fit and finish are good. I'll have to spend some time getting it sharpened to my admitedly high standards. the sheath is very well done and I aspire to be able to do good leather work like this sheath.

I got to play with my knife from JDW this weekend after I had to pry it from my wires hands. It came SHARP!!! I like the overall feel of the knife, and the sheath is nicely done! This knife will definitely see some use this hunting season!! I'll post some pics when I have time to take some.
I can't wait for the next KITH!!!!!!!!

I got my knife from J. Leclair today. Very well made and it is sharp. I got caught in the kitchen, playing with the new knife, and my wife put me to slicing tomatoes and an onion with it, and it done a great job slicing ripe tomatoes paper thin. I will get some pics of it cutting something as soon as I get some free time. This one will see use this hunting season, well if we have any luck hunting that is. Thanks J. Leclair for a very nice knife.
Can't wait till the next KITH.
Dale

J, I'm glad that you think that the fit and finish is good. It worried me. It was last minute fussing with it that held me up. It seemed like I tried to correct one thing, then messed something else. By the time I got finished correcting the corrections I ended up back where I started from. At least I figured out what I should have done to prevent the finishing problems from occuring.

Doug

It seemed like I tried to correct one thing, then messed something else. By the time I got finished correcting the corrections I ended up back where I started from. At least I figured out what I should have done to prevent the finishing problems from occuring.

Brother, you just described nearly every knife I ever made! The few ones that come together right the first time really make me nervous, I always wonder what I missed... :biggrin:

Brother, you just described nearly every knife I ever made! The few ones that come together right the first time really make me nervous, I always wonder what I missed... :biggrin:

I couldnt agree more.

Looks like everyone has done well this year. I was on vacation last week and I have spent this week trying to play catch up at work. Im sending mine out in the morning.
Thanks to everyone for participating. It has been fun. Cant wait 'til next year.

Sean

It's odd but I was going to post pretty much the same thing. Just got back from vacation to a new knife in the mail box and will be shipping mine out tomorrow. By the way Carey, I had to pry the box out of my wifes hands. It's a great piece and I can't wait to use it.

Sean

It's odd but I was going to post pretty much the same thing. Just got back from vacation to a new knife in the mail box and will be shipping mine out tomorrow. By the way Carey, I had to pry the box out of my wifes hands. It's a great piece and I can't wait to use it.

Sean

Wow for a minute there I thought that was my post. :) Glad to see you spell your name the correct way ;)

I got my knife from Randy, WOW! What a great knife, fit and finish is spot on, shaving sharp and a great sheath. Cant wait to get out in the woods to give it a work out. Pics will forthcoming, thanks Randy.
Josh I mailed your knife yesterday via UPS. Hope you like it. It is my EDC model, I like to call them an East German Gymnist, might not be the prettiest at the show but it is solid and works hard. ;)

Glad to hear you got it Sean. I was beginning to think maybe the strike was back on or it got held up in customs.

May you use it in good health my friend.

Carey

I was playing with it today doing some work around the house, it feels great in the hand and doesn't take up a lot of room. Sean, I say that to people all the time when they ask how I spell my name :)

So finally got pics of my knife, it was sent out on Saturday and they promised 6 days or so, so it should be there soon Kyle.

P7230185.jpg

P7230183.jpg

I call it a utility knife, my wife loved it and wanted me to send another lol.
1/8" O1 steel, Bubinga handle
About 8 1/2" overall, Blade 4 1/4", Handle 4 1/4" (give or take hehe)
brass pins, epoxied and peened
Very sharp, although I didnt get to the micron paper, I took it to 4k on a water stone and then white polish on cardboard. Polished the edge enough to easily shave my hand. Im not completely happy with the finish of the blade and never got a sheath done for it but I hope you like it anyway.
Oh, and I totally screwed up the lanyard tube. It will be better next time though.

Sean

Last edited:
James I got mine the other. It really looks nice. If I can keep my son away from it, as soon as he saw it, it was on his belt.
Take care

Steve

Yesterday, I got a very cool knife from Kyle Gahagan! It's definitely a lot different from anything I've got in my small collection. Really nice leather too. Thanks, Kyle! And thank you to Sean for organizing this years KITH! You can count me in again for next July.

And Josh, thanks for the follow up about the leather... don't know how I missed it back when it was posted. I figured that the nail was deflecting a bit (in addition to my sheath not always being squared/level), but I think I'll try the drill rod idea.

I got my knife from Randy, WOW! What a great knife, fit and finish is spot on, shaving sharp and a great sheath. Cant wait to get out in the woods to give it a work out. Pics will forthcoming, thanks Randy.

Sean, Glad to hear it made it safe and you like it. Get a chance to do any cutting with it? lets see them pics :)

Sean,

Wanted to let you know I got my Kith knife yesterday. Great little EDC design and love the sheath.

Great Kith guys-

Josh

Back