Kevin Casey Feather Blades with inlaid handles

bladerunner

Over the past several months I have been collaborating with Konstantin Pushkarev on several knives. Konstantin is an artist who lives in Moscow and does exceptional inlay work using silver wire, MOP, and other material. The following photos are a sampling of his craft. One must hold these pieces in the hand to really appreciate the detail, feel and elegance of these knives. The leather work is by Larry Parsons. Thanks to Jim Cooper for the great photos.

What are the handle materials the inlays are set into ?

So glad to see this type of work I've done a little and plan to do more but have never seen this level of work.

Thanks for showing .
Mark

Mark- handle material is African Blackwood. Inlay materials are silver wire, MOP, Coral, rubies. I've never seen such fine inlay work either. Konstantin and I are planning more work soon. Thanks!!-KC

Kevin, you, Konstantine and Jim all did incredibly on these knives to bring them to us. But I have to say, having handled these knives at the New York show, the artistry really "POPS" when you have the time to not only the look but also feel these knives. They are truly exquisite.

Kevin Cross- it was great talking with you at the show. Thank you (and others too on this thread) for your wonderful comments and words of appreciation. I'm humbled that great makers such yourself find my work pleasing. I hope to see you in March at the show and maybe Blade too!

Last edited:
I keep coming back to look at these.
I love them all but like the 1st one best.
Very classic and timeless looking.

Back