Kill my camera!!!!

jmforge

I cannot, for the life of me, get my camera to focus properly now!!!! So, here is a fuzzy pic of my latest knife. it is a bit of a hybrid in that it has the same shape of my hunters, but the larger blade size, longer guard bout and sheath of a general utility blade.
5 1/2 inch forged W2 blade, 3/16 thick at the ricasso, 416 ss guard, Missouri black walnut handle finished with Brownells London style red alkanet root oil finish, Steve Shepard sheath.

Attachments

• 100_0319_1.JPG
    100_0319_1.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 71
Very nice Joe! That walnut looks great.

If it's a digital camera, may just need more light or a good cleaning. Get the camera as close to the knife as possible and use less/no zoom. A tripod always works best too.2thumbs

I cannot, for the life of me, get my camera to focus properly now!!!! So, here is a fuzzy pic of my latest knife.

Well Joe,

I only worked a half day at the office, and I think the picture looks fine. Of course I've had a few brewskies since then...maybe you should only take pictures after a couple of beers :p ;)

The knife looks fantastic 2thumbs

Mike

Ricky, the thing literally won't auto focus. You can hear it grinding and grunting.:mad: As for the wood, I only did the 5 or so coats of the finish oil on this one because it is a smaller (read cheaper) knife. I want to try the whole two week process on a big one....5 or 6 coats of finish, 4 coats of grain filler and then 5 or 6 more coats of finish with rubbing with polishing compound between each coat. Problem is that I have to let each coat dry overnight because it is so humid down here, so each one is 5 minutes of work and 23 hours and 55 minutes of waiting...lol

Last edited:
some cameras the autofocus won't work on polished metal. Aim at another spot (that makes it focused like you want) and hold the button half way down to keep the focus 'locked', move to frame the shot like you want take the picture.

As I said over on JD Joe, that is a good looking knife! Make sure to post pics of the bowie I am so patiently awaiting:D

man you should know by now... If you cant fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem... Take that camera and try the hammer ;)

The knife on the other hand it good to go! :)

Back