Kirinite Katapult

Greetings...

I'm still a noob to this forum, but I purchase materials from Midwest. I was advised I should post this here, but wasn't sure where it would fit in. Moderators, feel free to move this to the appropriate area.

This is a design I have been selling for over a year now, and my team shooter won the Summer Nats this past year shooting this design. It is called the SPS (Stratagem Pocket Slingshot). I decided to purchase some of the kirinite, and this frame has created some buzz, to say the least. I'm not posting this for sale here, but thought all of you knife dogs may like to see the kirinite in a different light.

Many Thanks,

- Jim

SPS83.jpg

Hi Jim,

That design looks cool in the kirinite! :D

I don't know much about cattys but is that shaped so you can have different types of elastic on?

I have to make one of these now. Jim, could you perhaps provide some links/suggestions for resources about catapult design? The ones we made as kids weren't nearly so hi-tech as that one.

That looks great! I saw a guy on youtube who was shooting arrows with his slingshot. I thought that would be a great thing to have in a tree stand waiting for deer

Stew, you are correct.

The fork tips allow the user to utilize a variety of popular band styles, including looped tubes (pictured), tapered or straight flat latex, RRT Trumark Tapered Tubes, and quite a few others. Looped tubes are my band of choice, because they are easier to switch out, and they are much quieter in a hunting situation. They also last longer. Looped tubes are not as popular in the slingshot community however. They are viewed as being less accurate than tapered flats, but Michael McClure laid that theory to rest this past year at the Summer Nats, and the SPS became the first Looped Tube slingshot, to win a national title in the U.S.

I have filed for a utility patent on this design, regarding the lamination and contruction. Looking for it to be published any day now.

Travis,

Check out slingshotforum.com

it's already been decided that next years KnifeDog hammer in, we are having a sling shot shoot off in the late afternoon on Saturday. Not sure what the prize will be but it will be worth entering. It should be fun. We will have Steve Janik put a can on his head and we will take turns trying to knock it off...

That would be a 55 gallon can with some armholes cut in it.
I say we shoot at balloons with little prize tickets in them for free stuff.
And some boobie prizes, of course.

I think a nice set of Mammoth Ivory scales for the grand prize...

Back