KMG Grinder build in progress

Rick, I have a welded No Weld Grinder made by one of our members, Wayne Coe. I don't have variable speed but I have a 4 step pulley system that gives me all the control I need for now. Someday I'll add on a VFD but it is somewhere around 6th on the list of things I need/want. High on the list is a disk grinder.

Hi Denny

I'm sure the step pulleys do the job fine

I know the feeling. I think I need to use my new grinder to make some knives, before I worry about other equipment. I was chatting with one of the guys at our knife club meeting this afternoon, mentioning the things I would like to do and the equipment I would like (Disc Grinder / Surface Grinder / Mill/Drill / Lathe .......) - seems as if the list just goes on. This would all be nice - but it will all just have to wait !!

Rick A, You can get a adjustable motor base for your grinder build at Mc Master Carr.They adjust your belt with a bolt.Really easy to use around $20.
Your build looks great. Rick

Great job! and very helpful thread. Found the link to polarbear forge here, might go that route when I'm ready.

Hi Rick C

I'm not sure if your comment regarding the adjustable motor base is directed at me or someone else?
My grinder is pictured in this thread, it is already built and complete, I don't need a motor mount adjustable or not.

Hi Redyak
i'm glad you found it useful. I also like the EERF grinder (Polarbear Forge) option. I might try building one of them if/when I build another one, although I am really thinking of making one similar to the Wilmont TAG100 Grinder (http://wilmontgrinders.com/WilmontGrinder.aspx) - which to me appears to be the most versatile of all of the grinder designs.

Thanks
Rick

Back