Kukri in progress

R Appleby

KNIFE MAKER
Kukri in progress ( With Updated Pro pics)

Hello everyone haven't been able to get in the shop a lot but, here is what I've working on.

Integral Damascus Kukri

Steel is 1080/15n20 twist by Randy Haas

Blade is 8 inches and 12 3/4 overall.

The feel of the knife is very good with the weight at the hand and a good balance.

Still need to sand out the file marks in places and heat treat.

That'll be for my next days off.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Man, that's pretty detailed, looks like a real challenge to get those grooves and that handle the way you have. Nice work, can't wait to see the end results when your done.

Wayne

Thanks, I've managed to get it heat treated but I haven't been feeling to good so sooner or later I'll get back in the shop and get'er done.

Hi All, Kukri is finally finished. I had hoped to get this done up a long time ago but I got sick and was out of the shop for a few months. I am mostly better and hope I can stay in the shop and get back to making stuff.

I based the sheath on a Joseph Rodgers piece and hope I made a reasonable representation.

The sheath has a felt lined wooden core that has been wrapped with leather. The throat and tip are nickel with a nickel stud and ball finial. The design on the tip and throat is a is a temple the same as the Cho on the blade.

So now for the non-professional pics,

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for looking

Looks awesome! Fabulous work. Glad you are doing better too. Dozier

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beautiful. I hope to tackle a kukri one day (metaphorically of course)
I'm curious about the details of how you got the design cut out of the blade...I would guess wire edm...

Back