Ladder Pattern Hunter

Bill Behnke

I just wanted to show and share the knife that I finished this morning. It is ladder pattern Damascus (160 layers of 1084 & 15n20), "W" pattern bolsters (also of the same steel types), Amber stag carved bone (from Culpepper) scales and Mosaic pins. Both the steel and leather are my own work.
Thanks for looking.
Bill

_DSC0172a.jpg

Bill

Very nice knife. I like it. It is very eye appealing/attractive.

My only complaint is that you only posted one (1) picture. There is a lot to look at/absorb/process and more pictures would be appreciated.

Like in the guard/bolsters - you hid the pins very well but it is hard to see in this picture.

Also, the stamping on the sheath is pretty darn good but hard to see in this picture.

Keep making cool knves, keep on posted up those pictures and I will keep looking at them.

DeMo

Really like that Bill- beutiful ladder steel and the stag looks great on it, and fine sheath work too.

A winner for sure Bill you didn't miss a beat!
I like the way you layed the basket weave.

Last edited:
Very nice work,looks like it has integral bolisters,if not you did a amazing job of blending the pins.

Thanks everyone. That knife was shipped that same afternoon. I'll try to have more pictures next time.
The bolsters are not pinned, but are soldered with bearing solder. It makes for a good clean and strong assembly.
Bill

Back