Layout dye is great until...

Motor City Mike

You turn it over and the stopper lets go

What a mess

Got all over my brand new Mitutoyo calipers

Turns out acetone will damage the plastic on the calipers UGH!!

On the plus side, I remembered some 4 letter words that I haven't used in a long time

XG1694ll.jpg

I've done that. I still have stains on the garage floor and my bench. I also got it on my jeans.
If you don't let it set too long denatured alcohol will take it off of slick surfaces. Not the jeans though. I ended up throwing them away.

^^^ Yes..... I think with shipping that was about $55. It goes a long way when using it correctly.... and NOT spilling it! :)

Dang Mike, that won't be funny even ten years from now.
I just use a sharpy pen. I used one bottle of that stuff years and ended up throwing it away because it stunk so bad and strong.

I hate the layout dye in the dabber bottles for just that reason. That exact same thing has happened in every class I have taught where somebody brought one of those #@*&! dabber bottles. In my shop I only use spray or brush on, after that happened the one and only time in my shop with one of those stinking dabber bottles. Those things should be banned!

the brush bottles have a habit of flinging a mist of blue droplets all over the place, too. the o-ring seal in the cap glues itself to the mouth of the bottle, forcing you to jam the brush through the little hole to stick it back in the bottle and it flings droplets everywhere.

the brush bottles have a habit of flinging a mist of blue droplets all over the place, too. the o-ring seal in the cap glues itself to the mouth of the bottle, forcing you to jam the brush through the little hole to stick it back in the bottle and it flings droplets everywhere.

oh good I’m not the only one that happens to! i’ve seriously got to stop buying the red I look like a serial killer.Hahahaha!

Back