Little thermocouple help

Daniel Macina

I am in the process of setting up a temperature readout for my Forge before I work with all the wrought iron for my KITH project. I am using all the parts from Ed Caffreys website and like a dummy I just now noticed that the thermal couple on his website that I ordered does not come with the thermocouple wire.

This is the thermocouple I ordered.

Could someone point me in the right direction on the wire? I’m a bit confused looking at their website

Ditto to what John said...... call them. Thermocouple wire is a very specialized wire..... meant for very specific applications......use the wrong stuff and nothing works right.

I once had a guy call up, cussing me, saying that what I posted about building a pyrometer was bull....he had followed everything "to the letter".......and it wouldn't work. After calming him, we went over each component one at a time.....when we got to the wire I asked "Did you specifically use THERMOCOUPLE WIRE? His answer was "No! Wire is wire! I used an old lamp cord!" DUH!!!! He must have gotten totally embarrassed.....because he hung up on me, and I never heard from him again. :)

Back