Look bar travel question.

Txcwboy

If the lockbar travels outward towards the scale, does that mean the ball is too tall ?With bolster on it hangs closing but no bolster its smooth closing.
Thanks
DAVE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Yep. Sounds like the detent ball is sticking out farther than the thickness of your washers.

Or you could push the ball further in. If it protrudes out the back of your lock bar drill a shallow hole in the bolster to allow for it or grind the ball flat on that side.

or, flatten the detent ball a bit. a few gentle even passes on 320 or so is what i have done. can also make your detent a bit snappier and smoother

I went and made a new bolster to replace the one I relieved. It looked bad to me. I straightened the lock out as best I could so it was a nice gradual bend. It doesnt have any travel issues now but now the lock fails when pressure is applied. It locks open as the pressure builds it slips back out. What causes that ??

thanks as always !!
Dave

I went and made a new bolster to replace the one I relieved. It looked bad to me. I straightened the lock out as best I could so it was a nice gradual bend. It doesnt have any travel issues now but now the lock fails when pressure is applied. It locks open as the pressure builds it slips back out. What causes that ??

thanks as always !!
Dave

Lock not engaged far enough? Not enough preload on the lock? Wrong angles on lock or blade tang?

Back