looking for a belt grinder

Cameron Wilcox

I am just starting out and only have a set of cheap files and i am looking for a used belt grinder for around $100 I know its not much but it is all I have because I am only 16 and have not been able to find a job to earn any money.

I am willing to buy any kind of belt grinder someone is not using and is willing to give for $100.

thank you

If you can't make you're own which is a little more expensive but it's nothing much (it's a much better deal) for that price. Then just get a craftsman belt grinder or look on craigslist. Craftman has a 2x48" belt grinder for about 130 or so. Should work very well. way better than my 4". You can also easily modify it for better knifemaking purposes. There are simple videos on youtube for that.

Last edited:
i hate to say this but i use a 1x30 and it cost me 65.00 3years ago its a start and beats using files, i would love a 2x72 but thats going to be awhile, either that or just keep saving

Hey Bubba , Try Supergrit and Tru grit for your belts . You can get most of the stuff you need from these guys . Prices are good too .

Back