Low Key...

TacticallySharp

KNIFE MAKER
I've been very low key not showing any work for the past 7 to 8 months. I had a foot injury back in the beginning of October. After all these months off my feet there is finally some light at the end of the tunnel. I just completed the first of six weeks of hyperbaric chamber treatments. The wound is healing!

I hope to be back into the shop soon. The only work I have completed is a bit of leather crafting, sheaths as I can do it while sitting in my wheelchair.

rps20150327_170152.jpg

rps20150327_131322.jpg

Regards,

George

First thing I thought of when I saw your pic:
images.jpg

Michael Jackson supposedly slept in one of those..... Anyway, sounds like some progress which is great news, love your leather work. I have a greater appreciation for it now that I've tried my first leather sheath.

Leather doesn't hard shape like metal but, it can be nearly as much fun. I still need to stitch 40 or so sheaths and about 15 holsters I've made. I leave the stitch till I have a bunch, then do it.

I'm far from a MJ, I wouldn't sleep all night in one of these chambers unless the Doc ordered it. You need to have someone monitoring it while you're in it.

A few more that need stitching too!

rps20150329_003610.jpg

rps20150329_003043.jpg

Last edited:
George,
I knew you had your foot operated on but had no idea that it was giving you this much trouble.
I will say a prayer for you. I hope things improve rapidly now and that you are back on your feet soon.
God bless you my friend.

George ,I just had my shoulder replaced on the 13 of March but nothing like that , I will send as many good thoughts your way as possible and try not to drop anything on my foot.
Positive thoughts and wishes
Regards
Fred

Thanks Dogs!

Calvin the worst part is missing the shows. I started building inventory as soon as the shop was finish after Blade. I left over 30 knives near finished in the shop. I had so much fun visiting at Blade I figured shows to be a great way to meet other makers and sell at the same time. Regards to your wife.

I send 2 hours in the chamber daily, 5 days a week, for 6 weeks. 120 hours of How To DVD time. Review the craft and Old School Cowboy Westerns! LOL

Over a hour drive each way, at least it gets me out and lunch on the road!

Calvin I will not be there this year. Hoping to make the Super show in September. The joint show hosted by the two greatest maker groups. Besides my Grandson's birthday party is that Saturday. Kind of hard to explain to the little guy why Grandpa isn't there.

I really like meeting with everyone and talking. Also that where I pickup most of my G10 for the year from VZ, can't beat their prices on cut offs.

Back