Metal stamping

M

Mook

Where would one get a custom stamp made? I would like to stamp a simple 3-letter logo on my blades. So far, I'm using a cheap set of number/letter stamps, and one of the digits has already mushroomed and is useless.

I'm looking for something that I can put on the blade, hit once and have my initials in the side of the blade.

Thanks for any help.

Henry Evers Corp, also known as Everstamp provides the best quality stamps that I have used.

Before going with your initials as your mark, please take a look at this article on my website about marking your blades. Pay particular attention to the section "Choosing your Mark".

I feel that one of the worst mistakes a knifemaker can make, is to mark their work with initials or some obscure logo, especially if you EVER think you will attempt to sell your knives.

Henry Evers Corp, also known as Everstamp provides the best quality stamps that I have used.

Before going with your initials as your mark, please take a look at this article on my website about marking your blades. Pay particular attention to the section "Choosing your Mark".

I feel that one of the worst mistakes a knifemaker can make, is to mark their work with initials or some obscure logo, especially if you EVER think you will attempt to sell your knives.

I always hate it when you say that. :D Because of course, you're right. But I like my mark so much I just can't bring myself to abandon it. I've been thinking how I might add to it though, to encompass your recommendations.

For what it's worth, I've had all of mine made by Harper Manufacturing, and they also do great work with quick turnaround. They have kept my original art for 15 years; you just can't beat that.

Sorry Dave! :D I've just had way too many people pop into my shop over the years, asking me to help them find the maker of a knife that either had the initials or a logo (with no name) on it. I think a logo might be OK if its something that becomes well known, but thats a rare thing. Every time this subject comes up, I've wondered just how many knives never got sold because the maker used initials or a logo, and the folks who wanted to buy more could not find the maker.

I know exactly where you're coming from Ed. And every attempt at making a "mark registry" or such always comes to nothing. It's too bad really, because that would really be a valuable resource - given how many of us never properly identify ourselves. :)

Back