Mike Talanian/Jon Klein Custom Knife Party

jklein7401

Back in August for my birthday weekend my good friend Mike suggested I head to his place in NYC to enjoy his extensive knife collection. For any collector or maker I have to say it was quite impressive. Well based on that experience we did the same this past weekend and I thought I would share some photos from this event. Price of admission - bring some knives to show off. We were fortunate enough to have some very special folks attend from all aspects of custom knife collecting. In addition to Mike and I we had Jon Brand and Jim "Coop" Cooper as collectors, Makers were Mike Ruth Jr. and Sal Manaro, last custom knife designer Liong Mah. Bill Malloy of www.beautiful blades.com also joined us and brought a couple of fine new young makers with him. We had a great time and hope to make this a twice per year event. It is not often the opportunity arises to see so many fine pieces in one place and spend the amount of time we had enjoying them. Not like a typical show (which we all love) as this is not sales driven. That is not to say there was not any wheeling and dealing going on.

If you have some collectors in your area put on a private show, you will not regret it or join us next time!

I not Coop took the photos and did the best I could to represent the feel of the event. In addition to some photos here is a link to the album I created.

Let me know what you think about this.

A big welcome from Mike Talanian to his home. He is quite the host!!

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Here is a link to the rest of the photos, enjoy

Mike T/Jon K Knife Show Pics

Jon

Last edited:
Here are some more for those who do not visit the album. Anyone who thinks they may want to attend the next show let me know. We will invite all!!

Some of the gang names from the top down
Mike Ruth Jr, Liong Mah, Sal Manaro, Jon Klein, Mike Talanian, Jim Cooper
standard.jpg

Jim Cooper's amazing Hill Pearce collection
standard.jpg

Larry Fuegen Amazing AKI dagger, Bruce Bump Tortoga Set
standard.jpg

Some Roger Bergh and Andre Andersson art
standard.jpg

A little Tom Ferry and Ron Newton action
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Enjoy, Jon

Jon, I cant think of a better birthday party. I couldnt help but spot my Tortugas. I think they like the New York way of life.
Thanks for bringing us in for a look. I checked out every picture on your link. Man! Its hard to believe how many hi end pieces are there.

Back