Miller Boning - filet Knife...

bladegrinder

Here's a boning - fillet knife I just finished.
AEBL stainless, satin finish, 61 rc.
Black G10 bolsters, multi color G10 scales with nickel silver pins and lanyard hole.
Blade is 7" - handle is 5"
hand stitched leather sheath.

Thanks for looking!
V0E8YqC.jpg

BV8ixHz.jpg

That is a very nice knife and the sheath really complements it but when you say it is a boning and filliting knife my first thought was to ask if there was any flex in the blade for filliting and if flex woud compromise some of the boning capabilities.

It has some flex but not what you would find in a traditional fillet knife, hence the... / boning knife.
where I live and sell most of this style knife there is fresh water fishing but 99.9 percent is salt water.
the gulf of Mexico is only a couple miles from me and most of the fishing is for large fish here, grouper, snook, redfish, and they come big.

While I call it a fillet / boning knife, it's whatever the person handling it feels it would be best used as for them....
you could fillet a grouper with it today, cut a wedding cake with it tomorrow, and then put it away till Thanksgiving to carve the turkey. :D

I thought that may have been the case as I have been asked to do a slghtly stiffer blade for larger sea fish and it woud also work for a similar range of tasks as you have noted.

Back