Modern Pig sticker in Elmax

Benr.t

I finished this up a couple weeks ago and it is now in the customers hands. I figured some of you may enjoy seeing it.
This was designed based on his input and features he wanted in a hog hunting knife.
The blade is 8" long and is sharp top and bottom. It has a fuller running the length of the blade which really balances out this large knife and makes it very quick in hand. I made both a leather and kydex sheath for this one.
It has a carbon fiber scales and yellow liners. I am very happy with how it turned out and so was the customer. Hopefully I will have some action shots to share soon.

I really like this one, gorgeous knife. I understand if you'd rather not discuss your methods, but I'd like to know how you put the groove in the blade. Ball mill on milling machine? CNC? I've got a milling machine and have been wanting to try a groove like that, just wasn't sure how well it would work out.

I really like this one, gorgeous knife. I understand if you'd rather not discuss your methods, but I'd like to know how you put the groove in the blade. Ball mill on milling machine? CNC? I've got a milling machine and have been wanting to try a groove like that, just wasn't sure how well it would work out.

Yes sir, ball end mill in a manual mill. Measure twice, mill once (per side) : )

Again, nice work. What is the working bevel inclusive angle?

Back