My AG's Knife Event Spoils

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
I've been waiting a while on this first one. M.S. Jim Crowell was asked to design and build a knife for the Arkansas Park Rangers. I knew the first time I seen them, I had to have one. This is a copy of that design without the Park Ranger logo etched onto the blade nor the serial number.

Blade: 5" CPM 154 CM
Handle: Natural Micarta w/brick Red Spaer
Guard/Tubing: 416 SS
Sheath: one of my very own 0.08" Kydex w/ Lrg Tek-Lok

3331f62e.jpg

Next up, is a Persian Hunter by M.S. Brion Tomberlin. I've been meaning to add one of Brion's knives to my collection for a few years now and I'm very pleased with the one I have chosen.

Blade: 5.75" 5160
Handle: Cocobolo Root w/Red Spacer
Guard/Pins: 416 SS
Sheath: A very nice leather made by Kenny Rowe

0f53aaca.jpg

Last edited:
Good to see you in Rogers. It was a good show. I got to see David Yellowhorse who inlaid a Lairson camp knife from the show two years ago. There were a lot of old friends to see at a better pace, and quieter, than the Blade. They even put me on the radio and gave me a Tee shirt. Life is good.

Thanks for the heads up on Jim Crowell's 25th year knife. He's still working our the design; but, it sounds good. I'm already counting out my pennies. I have 25th year knives from Whiskers Allen and Jim Downs. This sounds like a new sub-collection in the works. I'm filling out my sub-hilt, camp knife, and doctor knife collections; so, why not another.

Had a flat on my car at the Atlanta Airport, limped home and got a shock at how high tire prices have gone up in the last few years.

See you around,

Jim

James, it was great seeing you as well. I tried catching you to say good bye as I was leaving, but you disappeared jnto the elevator and I was running extremely short on time (check out was in 15 minutes).

I'm excited to see what Jim decides to do with his 25yr commemorative piece. I had asked him a couple of months ago to allow me to have a special stencil made for him to mark a blade he has forged and he told me that I was the first to ask and then went on to say he wanted to do a 25 piece series with a special mark. I'm hoping he will mark this massive fighter blade as well.

182c59ca.jpg

I haven't decided on the handle/guard configuration, but I'm thinking it would look really awesome as a sub-hilt.

Back