My first show

Freds Edge

I had a table at my first show over the weekend and was fortunate to be next to a gentleman by the name of Butch Sheely , after the show I discovered I have an advanced case of Forgeites . Now I have to start forging or this affliction could prove to be fatal.

Thats one of the big "ups" to not only knife shows, but to just about any type of "knife" gathering....it sends us in new directions, gives us new ideas, and makes us think of things we might not have ever considered. :) In a nutsehll, it helps us to grow as knifemakers. :)

Last edited:
I had a table at my first show over the weekend and was fortunate to be next to a gentleman by the name of Butch Sheely , after the show I discovered I have an advanced case of Forgeites . Now I have to start forging or this affliction could prove to be fatal.

Fred, consider yourself warned! Forging hot steel leads to buying more tooling, making stuff other than knives, getting really dirty, and cursing ( a lot). You may even be tempted to join a blacksmith organization near you and start talking with a Scots brogue. Hitting a hot piece of steel with a hammer is starting down a slippery slope........

Back