My Japanese Swords

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
I've been promising to post pics of my swords, so here they are. The first is my Shin Gunto Wakizashi which is marked "Ido Hidetoshi". Some day I will hit the lottery and be able to afford to have this blade polished. I believe with the proper polish it would be an absolutely beautiful blade.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• HPIM1487.jpg
    HPIM1487.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 364
  • HPIM1491.jpg
    HPIM1491.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 350
Second is my 1943 "Kanesada" Katana. I know very little about this piece other than the previous owner told me that the gentleman he purchased the naked blade from had informed him it was originally in Kai Gunto mount. I would assum that the mounts were in extremely nice condition and the gentleman who owned the piece at the time sold off the fittings or used them to restore a higher quality piece.

This blade was sent to Lohman for a "touch up polish" and for a habaki and shira saya. I believe with the proper polish, this too would be an exceptionally beautiful piece. Eventually I will get off my butt and build a koshirae for it, but I will hold off till I can afford to have it properly polished and have a new habaki made.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• HPIM1493.jpg
    HPIM1493.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 347
  • HPIM1494.jpg
    HPIM1494.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 341
  • HPIM1496.jpg
    HPIM1496.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 338
  • HPIM1498.jpg
    HPIM1498.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 333
  • HPIM1499.jpg
    HPIM1499.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 338
Very nice blades murph ! nice heavy looking blade . the wakizashi is also very beefy lots meat . great shirasaya .おめでとう!

Last edited:
Beautiful blades, sir. The Hamon on that blade looks like lightning racing down the edge. Best regards, Rick Oshay.

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like your first Japanese sword looks like color blue? or is it because of the light? I like your collections..and yeah.. it really need polishing.. blades still sharp?

Back