My Lumber yard

PoolQs

Wanted to post my new lumber yard :D
Been having fun finding all new woods to work with. All I need now is time to make more knives.

Scales:

729507eb-cd60-4874-a298-6e3ee7fafcf0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Burl Blocks:

IMG_0356.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Soon to be scales:

IMG_0353.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks for looking !!

That is a very good start to an addiction.

When you get over 100 sets of scales and blocks, and you keep looking for more, and you start talking to yourself, and then start answering yourself, you will finally arrive at a proper addiction.

Keep at it. You have a very good start. :biggrin:

DeMo

Hehehe... where does that put me with the 3' + maple 3"x3" that's been kicking around my garage/shop for like 6 years, in addition to misc chunks of oak, cherry, and whatever else...
I've been talking to and answering myself for years!!
That is some good looking wood though Pool!

Welcome to the wood junkies club. I have a 5' stack of clear tubs with handle materials primarily oak burl blocks and myrtle wood blocks due to local availability, a 8x11x5 thick slab of lychee,two bins of monkey pod,ohia,koa,mango and some others.
The only problem is I live in a small place and have to share the storage shed w kids and wife. Lol

John the pallets are a random mix of fir and ocasional oak. The little shipper pallets however are all a mishmosh of unique woods. I got several 1/2" boards that I and the wood turning buddie think are teak. Have gotten se that were oak 2x4 an slats are fir or poplar. Some of the pallets though are imported hardwood cast off boards, my lil brother has gotten some mahogany,teak and others but they may have been accidentally burned by the kids in a bonfire. The wood is out there just have to look for it.

I was just joking, Walt. In the past, I actually have run across pallets made from some really nice wood- mostly pallets from Asia where they have an abundance of hardwoods.

I appreciate the kind comments. I think I'm on the way to an addiction. I catch myself looking each day for new blocks that I don't already have.
I have enough to make around 60 knives. And that doesn't include the Micarta, Mycarta, and acrylics scales I have.
Whats funny to me is that I only make 16-20 knives a year and I still keep looking for more things to stock up on.
Anyone else like this ??

Copy, well we all share our knowledge we have so I was sharing mine.
The acquiring of pallets is where working in a grocery store come in handy, we get lil odd ones quite often

Back