Need photography tutorial

I always wondered why they couldnt just take a good pic to start with.

Most folks shoot on AUTO mode , the dreaded green box mode , most of the time , your camera will not have the white balance correct , especially if you have light from 3 or 4 different light sources. I shoot all my pictures in raw , after I run them thru Lightroom 2 , mainly to tune the white balance , make some slight adjustments to contrast and also some sharpening ( since I feel the jpeg images out of the camera seem overly sharpened ).

Post production is just part of the process , that makes good images all that much better.

You don't need a lot of gear to get decent pictures , however you do need to learn to use what you have. If your point & shoot has a macro mode , try it out , I find that when in a hurry , instead of the D-SLR , I will grab my old Fuji S5K and just click it on macro mode , mount it the tripod and shoot.

This image I shot on the couch , using available window light handheld with a point & shoot , I didn't bother to adjust the white balance after in post production , just as it came from the camera. Not bad for using what nature had to offer than day.

andersonToyz.jpg

Back