New Project

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
I decided to try and squeeze in a new project with my limited amount of time I have available. So far so good on this one. It's approximately 9" OAL with a tapered tang (I got it right this time, I think). I still need to do some hand sanding on it to get out a few scratches then I'll send it off for HT. I think I'm going to use some natural canvas micarta for handle material, but not sure on pins and tubing yet. I found a local hobby shop that has CF tubing, I may give it a try.

attachment.php

Yes Rusty, I learned my phone photo techniques from you. I promise to actually finish this one (or at least one similar to it in the event I screw this one up).

Attachments

• Combat Utility.jpg
    Combat Utility.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 170
Thanks guys. I can't wait to see it finished either. Today is a maintenance day at work. As soon as my guys finish up with vehicle maintenance and redispatching the trucks I get to leave. I'm hoping to have this ready for HT by the end of the day. My next 18 days I'll be pulling 18 hr days on the training lanes and won't have time to work. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Well, I have this one ready for HT. I had hoped to go visit Jerry today and HT this but I'm too dang sore to do anything but vegetate today.

While running scenarios on a training lane a couple of days ago I popped a grenade simulator and dropped it next to the small bridge I was standing next to. As I turned to walk up the small hill to the road, I slipped on a wet rock and fell next to the simulator. As you might imagine, this has a little more thump to it than a firecracker but non-shrapnel producing. Regardless, I didn't want this thing blowing up right beside me. As I jumped up to get away from it, I pulled some muscles in my upper back.

Now, not only do I feel like a dummy for slipping (lack of situational awareness), but I'm feeling the pain as a result. Oh well, I guess someone is telling me to take more time to complete projects.

Heal up first Murph. And as Butch Harner once told me, "The fastest thing I make in my shop is mistakes." Slow and easy friend.

Back