New Slipjoint Maker

ep3757

Hello guys my name is Enrique Pena I'm 32 years of age and I have becomed a full time slipjoit only maker. I had a good paying job and I lost due to the economy. I never had the courage to quite my good paying job to make slipjoint knives full time but getting laid of gave me the opportunity that I thought would only come till I reached retirement. A big plus in this all is that my wife works and is totally supportive of me making knives full time. I started making knives by my self out of old files when I was about 13 years old and them after about a year or so forgot all about it. Later in life about 3 1/2 years ago I got introduced to custom knife making by a local friend. The first custom knife that I made after being introduced to custom knife making was a single blade slipjoint which I bougth back from the guy that I had sold it to. Not being satisfied with my work I visited with Bill Ruple a couple of times and he suggested the hammer ins held twice a year by Johnny Stout and Harvey Dean so I go to those on a regular basis now. Me and Bill have now becomed good friends and we have attended some shows together. I want to say thanks to all the people like Bill Ruple and Rusty Preston among others that have helped me along the way. It seems like knife making is starting to take of for me along with some belt grinders that I have started to manufacture to sell and I'm really excited about. Here is a picture of one of my knives so tell me what you think of it

Here is another picture and If you would like to order or just have a question just give me a call at 956 771 7749 and I do not mind getting called

Hi Enrique! Good to see you on here. I was in the last Texas Slipjoint School with you at Bill's shop.
I can attest to the beauty and good quality of these knives, I have seen, held and operated one in person.

Welcome to the dog pound, this a site that you will enjoy and totally family safe.
Great knives I have seen of yours and look forward to seeing more.
Jim

Welcome to Knife Dogs Enrique, you need to get in here as a knife maker.

I think you qualify? :D2thumbs

Enjoy the forums.

Todd

Enrique,

Do you have for sale slippies ?Please post some pics.

best regards and i wish you good luck with your new profession

Wim from NL

I have seen a few of Enrique's knives now & they are outstanding. I would like to have one some day. His work is very nice.

hello there Welcome to Knife Dogs, Enrique. Good luck with your new adventure making knives.

Larry

Here is another picture of the knives that I make. How do you guy like it. My contact info is ep3757@yahoo.com and my cell is 956 771 7749. I need help with uploading pictures in here anybody willing to help give me a call. Thanks

Back