New to Knife Dogs

• Thread starter Dutchmanstabilizers
  • Start date
D

Dutchmanstabilizers

Hello,

My name is Bert and I would like to introduce myself as well as my company Dutchman Stabilizers, LLC. We specialize in the stabilizing process of wood, antler/horn and bone. Between me and my father who is my business partner, we have about 40 years experience as a hobby in wood working. We have recently started getting into stabilization and have decided to turn it into a business. We have a professional dry vac/pressure system of our own design and use industrial resins in our process. My father is a retired mechanical engineer with 40 years experience. Please check us and our process out on our facebook page under dutchmanstabilizers.

Thank you for your time.

Bert

Facebook

Burt,

We're a big crowd here who loves us some stabilized wood :D

I could be wrong about this but in the past anytime I went to facebook to look at someones page they say you gotta be a member which I'm not and have no desire to be.

I appoligize if I sound rude, it's not meant to sound that way :D

I just wanted to suggest that you post a little more info and some pics of your stuff and the types of wood you may typically have available.

Oh yeah, Welcome to the KnifeDogs !

-Josh

Josh,

Understand completely about the whole facebook thing. It's a cost effective way for us to network and get our name out there.
We have done a variety of woods like burls and spalted maples. We are getting alot of inquiry about antler/horn which we have done and like working with.
We are located in a small town in Southern Indiana. We are also veteran owned and operated, a small company of 3 people. My father is Dutch hence the name Dutchman Stabilizers.
I will post pictures soon of some of the materials that we have stabilized.

Thanks, Bert

Welcome, Bert and a hearty welcome to your father, also. It will be nice to have an in-house stabilizer here. Look forward to seeing some of your work. Thank you veterans for your service and welcome home.

Last edited:
When you spoke of the economics of facebook, I cringed and had to throw my 2 cents worth in. First, welcome to the the dogs! Secondly, checkout webstarts.com for a free website, you can upgrade for like $25 bucks a year to a great site. I did mine myself and it needs some work because my pics were too large in pixels, but anyone can do it. Otherwise, I can't wait to see some of your pics.

regards,
Steve

Thank you all for the welcomes! It's good to be here.
Steve, thank you for your 2 cents. We are working on a website but I'm into wood and not so much computers. I'm relying on my business partner to handle that for me. As promised I will try to post a few pics.

Pictures

Pictures as promised! Hope you guys like them. The antler is before and after pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome - I'm a newbee myself on this forum. Might I suggest you go to your profile and build an album. That way you can post pics of lots of things you can do for us. I, for one, will probably be sending you some antler.

Jacque Eagon
Eagon Leather & Knives
Rowlett, Texas

Thanks for the advise Jacque. I will have to build an album to show off some of our wares, great idea. When your ready to have some of your antler processed, please send us an e-mail and we will get it set-up for you.

Thanks, Bert

Dutchman Stabilizers, LLC
1123 Kelso Rd.
Mitchell, IN 47446
dutchmanstabilizers@gmail.com
740-624-0959 (James)
812-276-5697 (Bert)

Posted some more images in our album. Check them out and let me know what you think, I would love to hear some feedback.

Thanks, Bert

Dutchman Stabilizers, LLC
1123 Kelso Rd.
Mitchell, IN 47446
dutchmanstabilizers@gmail.com

Back