new (to me) Anvil

Boatbuilder

anvil.jpgI was on my way back from the fishing lodge and my wife and I stopped at a pawn shop to look around. They never had anything i was interested in but after talking with the owner a while he told me about a German guy that has a large anvil for sale. I phoned the guy and he invited me out to have a look at it. Once I got there I met a gentleman about 45-50 years old from Germany. He is a master blacksmith and welder. He had a sea-can full of equipment that he brought over from Germany. He had 2 identical anvils that are 240-250kgs. He only needed one. He also had a tubing roller, which I have been looking for a long time. He wanted $1500.00 for the anvil and $2000.00 for the tubing roller. I offered him $2500.00 cash and he accepted. We stayed and talked a long time with this fellow about many different things. He also had a 50kg power hammer very similar to the one Ed has but much smaller foot print. He was very talented blacksmith, we looked at lots of samples he had lyeing around.
Jim

Jim posted over on my forum on KN, and I'll say the same thing here....by my count that is 5-6 anvils he now has in the shop....that means that he should probably let me "adopt" his BIG english style anvil...that way it will get all of the love and attention it deserves. The way things are now, it's gona wind up being a "shop orphan" at his place! :)

LOL@ED nice try...Id love to get that tiny anvil in my shop.....Im not kidding ...Ive been looking for a 500 lb der in great shape to agment a 350 lb der i have in poor shape..

Back