Nitro-V Boner for My Dad - pic almost done

I agree, very nice shape on that knife.
And I get exactly what your saying about just being careful. I find myself having to remind myself of that constantly. That and I tell myself that I am looking for great results, not just something that will cut.

I agree, very nice shape on that knife.
And I get exactly what your saying about just being careful. I find myself having to remind myself of that constantly. That and I tell myself that I am looking for great results, not just something that will cut.
Exactly and thanks!

Ok so I already messed this up by cutting handles too short, but I thought I would at least throw some update pics up. I think I may be able to play with the plunge line and make this look ok. The red liner was requested but it’s starting to grow on me.0761F13A-9CD8-4C02-AE6D-C4DDD40EC755.jpeg09B746A5-66B8-4E71-BFD9-5E4990354793.jpeg

I like the red liners a lot. Once the handle is shaped and finished those are really going to pop. As far as cutting the scales too short- been there and done that. The great news is that you have a country mile of ricasso. All you need to do is bring your plunge lines back if you wanted to. One suggestion- it looks like this one could have used some more hand sanding before you put the handle on.

I like the red liners a lot. Once the handle is shaped and finished those are really going to pop. As far as cutting the scales too short- been there and done that. The great news is that you have a country mile of ricasso. All you need to do is bring your plunge lines back if you wanted to. One suggestion- it looks like this one could have used some more hand sanding before you put the handle on.
Lol great question... I had it 400 but has since probably scratched it. Should’ve been taped?

Yeah, I ran myself in circles with scotchbrite belts for a long time trying to get them to do things they simply won't. I finally accepted that I was spending as much time on the grinder as I would have if I hand sanded.

Kevin, this may be your best work to date. That sheath is awesome and the knife is really, really nice. :) You captured the angle of the grind line and angle of the scales perfectly

Kevin, this may be your best work to date. That sheath is awesome and the knife is really, really nice. :) You captured the angle of the grind line and angle of the scales perfectly
Wow thanks for the great compliments! I appreciate that.

Back