No typing or much of anything else for awhile.

Bummer on the arm (hand?). I was going to click a "like" simply to acknowledge the post and sympathy, but realized that's not something "like", that needs a "big time bummer" icon. Just now remembered there are other icons rather than "like" so I clicked the "sad" icon.

Bummer on the arm (hand?). I was going to click a "like" simply to acknowledge the post and sympathy, but realized that's not something "like", that needs a "big time bummer" icon. Just now remembered there are other icons rather than "like" so I clicked the "sad" icon.
hehe, I know what you mean, like clicks make sense just to sometimes say "that sucks dog biscuits Dude." (those dogs lie, they said that biscuit would taste good!)

Sorry to hear about the accident. Looks very painful.
I can't do much of anything in the shop but I can still run a skip loader, the trick is not falling on you're broken arm getting to and from. A medium duty skip loader can scrape the ice but it will not touch the 2"-3" of solid ice that is under the snow. A car tire ramp used for a step to get into the machine and go to work. I'm done for now and the jostling made my arm hurt like hell but I finally was able to get something accomplished today, thank God.

The good news is covid test today surgery scheduled for tomorrow. I know surgery sucks but I am looking forward to it, getting past it, on my way back to healing and going back to work. I am an American man with a family and responsibility and work is what I (we) do.

Bummer on the arm (hand?). I was going to click a "like" simply to acknowledge the post and sympathy, but realized that's not something "like", that needs a "big time bummer" icon. Just now remembered there are other icons rather than "like" so I clicked the "sad" icon
Distal radius fracture. I broke the large bone in my forearm and pulled it out of it's socket with the hand. The doctors are saying that it is a pretty serious injury and no one knows if I will lose some mobility/flexibility in my wrist/hand movement. I of course think that I will heal up as good as new. I am not going to sweat it when it hasn't happened yet. I plan to be back to work as soon as possible, 8-10 weeks is the expected recovery time, I will catch up on my reading, I have a few books that I have not found the time to read, this appears to be my best choice of getting something done one-handed. There are several different apparatuses that they make, I will post a photo of the one that my doctor chooses to use. They all look like they would be fun to make.

Attachments

• wrist_brace.jpg
    wrist_brace.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 106637362_large_1494127670.jpg
    106637362_large_1494127670.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 18
  • 1153ff220e4b3a35.jpg
    1153ff220e4b3a35.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Distal radius fracture. I broke the large bone in my forearm and pulled it out of it's socket with the hand. The doctors are saying that it is a pretty serious injury and no one knows if I will lose some mobility/flexibility in my wrist/hand movement. I of course think that I will heal up as good as new. I am not going to sweat it when it hasn't happened yet. I plan to be back to work as soon as possible, 8-10 weeks is the expected recovery time, I will catch up on my reading, I have a few books that I have not found the time to read, this appears to be my best choice of getting something done one-handed. There are several different apparatuses that they make, I will post a photo of the one that my doctor chooses to use. They all look like they would be fun to make.
All right hear me out, one of those in full Damascus with a blade on there somewhere that swings out. Haha! Prayers for a speedy recovery my friend.

Here are the x-rays from today's party (all internal)...my arm has no function and feels like a tree branch. I am looking forward to the pain starting so that I may feel something in my arm again. The Doctor also fixed my carpal tunnel in my left wrist while he was in there, he said to come back to have the right side fixed. I am thankful and very hopeful as I look forward to a successful recovery.

Attachments

• CCI_000003 - Copy.jpg
    CCI_000003 - Copy.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 10
  • CCI_000004 - Copy.jpg
    CCI_000004 - Copy.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 10
I hate to tell you but don't trust your doctor on the carpal tunnel fix. Been there done that. Several friends who can attest to that also.

Man that Sucks Abbott, hopefully you get a good surgeon that does a good job.
That wrist is going to remind you what happened the rest of your life though especially when you get older.

Prayers for a fast and complete healing!! You've always got all of us here to yak with while you're recovering! ;)

Back