Official KITH knife photo thread

Clancy, I got the knife you sent yesterday! thank you kindly, she's a very handy little hunter/caper. The handle is very comfy and it's easy to "choke up" and lay my index finger down the spine for detail work. The black leather sheath is snug and sturdy. The welt is brown leather, that's a cool-looking touch. Nice job buddy!

This has been a hoot, I definitely hope to sign up for the next KITH as well :)

Just got in a very nice little knife from Carey Quinn. What a great knife! Superb fit and finish, very nice leather sheath and hair poppin sharp!
Thanks Carey, this is going to be an EDC for me.

Sean

Ok guys I wanted to post this. The first thing I do when I get a knife is test it out. I put Carey's knife through a good little workout first I had a bunch of saplings in the backyard tha I cut down, then hacked through a piece of 1 x that has seasoned for a couple of years. The edge wasn't even fazed.

Anyway just thought I would share this.
1983a503.jpg

I've been out of town for a couple of days so trying to catch-up. Found a great little knife and sheath in the mail box from Keith Willis, fits nice in the hand, and I'm going to put it to use right away in my leather work.
Thanks Keith, this is my first knife by another maker.

I've been out of town for a couple of days so trying to catch-up. Found a great little knife and sheath in the mail box from Keith Willis, fits nice in the hand, and I'm going to put it to use right away in my leather work.
Thanks Keith, this is my first knife by another maker.

Sounds good,hope it serves you well.

God bless,Keith

Sean,

Thanks for the kind words and review. It always thrills me when the knives I make become the users they are intended to be rather than drawer queens.

Use it in good health,
Carey

I got a package in the mail today from Patrick my first thought is Wowee Zowee! This is the first time I have handled a custome knife it is awesome. The balance and fit in my hand is by far the best I have ever felt. the finish is great. I now have an example of what a knife should be. I had been compareing my work to factory knives I own and what a mistake. I got to talk to Patrick for a few minutes on the phone the other day he is a great guy. We talked about steel and knife handles. When I opened my package I was very suprised to find a blank of 1095 cra and some G11 handle along with the KITH knife. Thank you Patrick.

God Bless
Rodney

Last edited:
I have some spankin' new blades on the way back from Peters HT, and I think I'll set aside one of the best for the next KITH. Anyone given any thought to when y'all want to do another?

I'm already working on my Christmas KITH knife for another forum (and a couple of other pieces).
Doubt that I could fit one in here that soon.

Got mine today.It came from Rodney.Rodney stated it was his second knife,let me say
Rodney did a fine job.If Rodney continues making knives,I think we will be seeing
some super stuff.Awesome job brother!Keep it up.

God bless,Keith

Stan, Sean and all others,
This Kith went very smoothly with only some very minor hitches. All of the comments so far have been very positive, and let me add mine in here as well, My knife came in from Andy Sharpe a very cool knife and the first in my collection with a hamon. I would be happy to organize another Kith for next year, same time next year. Bladeforums is holding a Christmas Kith with some of the members here participating. I really don't want to compete with that. I am thinking about organizing another event that won't compete with any others soon.
Thanks to all

Got my knife from Jeff Pierce today , And it is awesome big and heavy just like I like my knives, The sheath was awesome wish I could make one that nice, Thanks Jeff I really like the knife.
Anthony

Thanks Delbert for organizing the KITH , and everyone for participating.
I love KITH's , its a chance for a poorboy( or tight a## ) like me to get other makers knives , and all of these were damm nice knives , I would be proud to own any of them.
I'll be in the next one if its ok with everyone else.

Dwane

Bladeforums is holding a Christmas Kith with some of the members here participating. I really don't want to compete with that. I am thinking about organizing another event that won't compete with any others soon.
Thanks to all

Makes sense to me. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

I received my knife from Paul Moore. It's a solid little knife, and I'm just itchin' to start cutting stuff.

I had a lot of fun with the KD KITH, and look forward to participating again next year. Big thanks (again) to Del for organizing it. I have to agree with not competing with the winter KITH at BF. I think I'd have a hard time getting another one done by Christmas without putting something else off.

Back