Official KITH knife photo thread

Dan, If you see something wrong with that sheath, please point it out to me. My eyes must not be that good.

paul

I second that, I have been working with leather for a couple years and I can find nothing wrong... It looks great, it took me almost a year to get to that point!

I'll get pics up soon as I can I gotta get the sheath done and some final polishing and marking it Here is an early pic

Attachments

• Anthony's Knife pics 034.jpg
    Anthony's Knife pics 034.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 117
  • Anthony's Knife pics 042.jpg
    Anthony's Knife pics 042.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Anthony's Knife pics 043.jpg
    Anthony's Knife pics 043.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Anthony's Knife pics.jpg
    Anthony's Knife pics.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Handle is WSSI stabilized spalted holly and redwood burl with copper.
Dan, the copper accents in that handle look great! 2thumbs
Sheath is one of the first two I've ever made; unfortunately it looks like it.
You may be a little hard on yourself. I suspect my first sheath will not look nearly as nice whenever I get around to making one. Then again, there are enough talented sheath makers around here, when I need a nice sheath I may just buy it. :D

This is not the knife that I had originally intended for the Kith. (Someone offered me a really good price for it so I sold it). But I still had one that I allways felt bad about trying to sell, so i'm gonna use this knife.
I didn't design the knife (that honor goes to Bill T. who gave permission to use his design).

Its made from 5160
11" OAL
Tiger maple hadle with SS pins
File work on spine.

coffinhandle2.jpg

coffinhandle3.jpg

coffinhandlefilework.jpg

100_2716.jpg

Last edited:
I see alot of good looking knives. I would be honored to have any of these.

Paul

Here is my enrty it is a saskatchewan skinner with champhor burl and sycamore wood handle , my mosaic pins . CPM154 stainless , Outsourced heat treat by ranger original with a RC of 60 . Also buffed to a mirror finish. File work to be posted by new owner . The sheath is 8oz veg tan leather with a very light brown dye ,Sewn with a leather lace in the double loop stitch .
HPIM2838.jpg
HPIM2834.jpg
HPIM2835.jpg
HPIM2837.jpg

Heya Fellas,

I was gonna sit out of this KITH but figured I had a knife sittin around so why not join the fun.

My entry sure isn't a safe queen so I hope someone is willin to love it for what it is.. user grade :p

Specs-
6 1/2" fully hardened 3/16" 1080 carbon steel. Flat ground with a "sheffield" inspired false edge and a cold blue and bleach patina.

Whitetail stag scales. Kinda bulky and ugly looking in comparison to the bolster but it does feel good in the hand with a secure grip.

Nickel silver bolstered guard pinned and silver soldered in place.

Hammer domed nickel silver pins

Sheath is a two piece with the body being a rear center seam style with a Sam Brown stud to attach it to the belt loop collar. I had ordered a star concho and got this cross instead but it seemed to fit here so I threw it on.

This knife was designed to be what a typical cowboy may have carried as a belt knife post 1850 when the bolstered guard came into use.

Julykith003.jpg

Julykith004.jpg

Julykith001.jpg

Julykith008.jpg

Julykith007.jpg

Julykith006.jpg

Julykith005.jpg

Let me know what ou guys think
-Josh :D

Last edited:
All that have posted look good.
I just thought we would have a lot
more knives posted by know.:confused:
Where they at guys?

God bless,Keith

I didn't forget, honest! Mine will be all finished up by this evening, just touching up the hand-sanding and whatnot. It's definitely a user not a safe-queen, so don't get too excited :eek:

I didn't forget, honest! Mine will be all finished up by this evening, just touching up the hand-sanding and whatnot. It's definitely a user not a safe-queen, so don't get too excited :eek:

What's the point of a knife if all you do is look at it!?

Sorry guys, my leather skills are lacking, so the sheath is probably below standards.

Some really nice fixed blades here guys.Hope yall don't mind that mines broken in the middle:D
Here is my offering.
7-1/2" OAL,3-1/4" blade.15/16" wide x .95 thick.Hollow ground, .10 Ti frame,Tip up carry w/billet clip.
Thanks for looking.
Stan

Attachments

• imgp0252 (2).jpg
    imgp0252 (2).jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 96
  • imgp0251 (2).jpg
    imgp0251 (2).jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 79
  • imgp0250 (2).jpg
    imgp0250 (2).jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 62
Well I had mine almost ready to go then decided that the center pin needed just a little more.....crack. So much for the red, white and blue fantasy marble. I just so happen to have a couple more ready to put together, will get finished up this weekend. BTW mine folds. :)

TEASE! These folders have me excited, I would be honored to have any of these though!

I will have pics up tomorrow of the blade, the sheath will be done this weekend...

This is what I have. The sheath is almost done. The pics suck. The handle is actually white micarta....not yellow.
Blue Liners.
ATS-34 dry ice treatment. 60 rockwell.

I have some cosmetic defects on the underside of the tang. It is a cosmetic defect and will not hurt the performance of the knife. I do not have time to swap the the scales out.:(
Can anybody guess what happened to the liners?? I know what happened...just seeing if anybody else ever done this.:eek:

GreatWhiteHunter005.jpg

GreatWhiteHunter001.jpg

okay. I keep hemming and hawing about which one-

This is a 5.5 inch bladed modern Sgian Dubh design I do often for military folks. 1/8 1084, hand rubbed to 800, scandivex grind. spacers and black linen micarta. Two sheaths. (the sock sheath can be converted into an IWB rig on request)

excuse the crappy photos :/

360-0004.jpeg

360-0007.jpeg

360-0001.jpeg

360-0009.jpeg

Back