OH YEAH!!! Another great day to be Forging!

And to think these folkes over in Spokane are thinking our 9 to 20 degree days are horrible. One day of your temps and it would close the town.

I can remember an Easter weekend when we were stationed in Blytheville, AR., at the old Eaker AFB..... we got 3" of snow, and temps in the 20s.... the whole place literally shut down! For two days before "the storm" hit, all the grocery stores and hardware stores had "runs" and nothing but bare shelves. We had just gotten there from Grissom AFB in northern IN..... Cindy and I were out looking around the town/area (driving), and got pulled over by the cops and told to "Go home! It's far to dangerous to be on the roads, and these bitterly cold temps will get you before you know it!" :oops:

I guess it's all a matter of perspective. They're saying back into the 30s by the end of the coming week....then we'll forget all about it. :)

I can remember an Easter weekend when we were stationed in Blytheville, AR., at the old Eaker AFB..... we got 3" of snow, and temps in the 20s.... the whole place literally shut down! For two days before "the storm" hit, all the grocery stores and hardware stores had "runs" and nothing but bare shelves. We had just gotten there from Grissom AFB in northern IN..... Cindy and I were out looking around the town/area (driving), and got pulled over by the cops and told to "Go home! It's far to dangerous to be on the roads, and these bitterly cold temps will get you before you know it!" :oops:

I guess it's all a matter of perspective. They're saying back into the 30s by the end of the coming week....then we'll forget all about it. :)
Welcome to the South.

Eh, it ain't been real cold here this year. Finally gonna get 0F sometime tonight maybe. We get the best of northern cold and snow and southern ice. It was about '93 we got 6" of snow. Then it rained on it, and turned back cold. So it was compressed to 2" of ice. You couldn't walk anywhere but anything with three wheels or more was a hoot.

Last sunday I injured my foot in the shop....by Tues the infection was so severe I was trembling like a leaf...and cold. Had to be admitted to the hospital in...Havre Montana....the walk from the car to the docs...(twice...clinic first, then admitted to the hospital next door...) was the COLDEST I've ever experienced...and I've been in minus 63 up here before.....but the -20 with the infection made the "feels like" rating way below what it really was....now im home and it's only -6....feels like a heat wave....lol!

Last sunday I injured my foot in the shop....by Tues the infection was so severe I was trembling like a leaf...and cold. Had to be admitted to the hospital in...Havre Montana....the walk from the car to the docs...(twice...clinic first, then admitted to the hospital next door...) was the COLDEST I've ever experienced...and I've been in minus 63 up here before.....but the -20 with the infection made the "feels like" rating way below what it really was....now im home and it's only -6....feels like a heat wave....lol!
What in thunder did you do to your foot???
Are you on the mend?

What in thunder did you do to your foot???
Are you on the mend?
clipped an engine stand in the shop wearing stockings...and didn't check it for a day....with diabetic neuropathy.... :rolleyes:

on the mend but weak as a kitten. had to stop cutting handles today as the wood got to heavy....lol. (rifle stock blank)

Ditto on the take it easy. Better a day or two in bed or the easy chair watching your favorites than a week in a hospital. Get well soon.

Back