Old Reliable

AkWildman

I posted this a few weeks ago on FB ,I had a fellow come to me a few years ago with a blank that he was trying his hand on,he had tried to do some jimping on the spine and due to the fact it was already heat treated he got carried away with a grinder and made a mess out of it.He asked me if I could make him a knife identical to the blank.I agread and he was happy with it and next thing I know all his friends wanted one.Over the past few years I've lost count how many trailing points I've made off this pattern.I got real sick of it ,well low and behold I end up with a fellow that's got to have one ,So I gripped and complained about it but finished this one up and sent it out a couple weeks ago_O1 with Imastage and bubinga.Brass bolisters and pins and a coppper lanyard tube.Wish I would of had time to get some good pics before I mailed it out.

Attachments

• IMAG0268.jpg
    IMAG0268.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMAG0267.jpg
    IMAG0267.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMAG0266.jpg
    IMAG0266.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 76
Sure looks good - I especially like the wood control with the..... horn? bone? What wood is that? Sure looks a lot like Rosewood, which is one of my favorite woods.

Ken H>

Back