PID ribbon burner? Anyone here done it?

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
Has anyone here put together a PID controlled ribbon burner forge?

I use a pid with my Ribbon Burner forge. The temp in not controlled by the PID but the forge does do well at maintaining an even heat. Fred Rowe has a PID controlled forge, last time I was there he didn't have a Ribbon Burner forge though.
Check out the Build a Gas Forge and the Ribbon Burner attachments on the Forge Supplies page at www.WayneCoeArtistBlacksmith.com. Let me know if I can help you.

I would be happy to help if I could I've made a couple using information from my mentor Tim Hancock, Wayne Coe and Eric Fleming. Here's a shot of my two, as they say a picture is worth a 1000 words.
BcGMnWp.jpgf2ZS8Tb.jpg

Last edited:
That is a nice set up and looks like where I want to head.
I need to start pulling together my parts.

I would be happy to help if I could I've made a couple using information from my mentor Tim Hancock, Wayne Coe and Eric Fleming. Here's a shot of my two, as they say a picture is worth a 1000 words.

I think you'll be very happy I can get mine down to about 1150 degrees running pretty smoothly and no problem getting up to welding temps either.

There's a constant flow controlled by the lower needle valve I try to keep that one just below my target temp. The second needle valve controls the solenoid, that one is on fairly low dependingon what I'm doing.

There's a constant flow controlled by the lower needle valve I try to keep that one just below my target temp. The second needle valve controls the solenoid, that one is on fairly low dependingon what I'm doing.

Thanks. That seems like a pretty darned good set up.

Back