pivot oil "whats the best?"

Bruce Bump

Forum Owner-Moderator
I have several bottles of pivot oil but what is the best in your experience? I want something that makes my folders practically fly open by themselves.

I wonder if Bossdog sells this stuff? I see the distributor is only 100 miles from here in Asotin Washington. We used to live in Asotin at the base of Hells Canyon. Some good sturgeon fishing up the Snake River.

Bruce,
From sharpening scissiors I found liquid wax. Its used for hair cutting scissiors to lube and protect them for hair cutters that open and close them many thousand times a day and it protects against rust since they can be cutting wet hair. It's the best I have found since it attacts zero lint, dirt or cut hair that I find in the pivot of scissiors and folders when people use any kind of oil.

I buy a large contain from a scissor sharpening supply house. There are/were some similar kinds in the biking industry. Bicyclists use it on chains and railers. White lighting was one brand that I have seen, they may be others.. Its paraffin wax with a few other things added suspended in a alcohol.

The Whale Spit came yesterday. Wow that stuff is slick. It seems to be thinner than anything I've ever used and penetrates to the very center of the bushing. My slip joints are very tight and this oil makes them slide flawlessly. It also got into my eye somehow and burned for an hour. Must have had it on my fingers.
Ebay has it right now for $9 delivered if anybody else wants to try it.

Back