Post your cell phone pic's here...

WOW! That's gorgeous Steve. I don't know the first thing about guitars, but I can deffinitely notice fine craftsmanship and that piece looks fantastic.

WOW, that is nice, The next time i pass thru there i want to hear you play it. (just dont sing i dont know if i could take that). Great job Mrs. J

trying out the new 59" Bridge Wet Tile saw..
My helper Cody is cutting some panels of micarta on the new saw. We are getting ready to offer some bigger custom cuts in micarta and g10 but had to tool up first.

cody cutting.jpg

I want Cody's Job. Here is Little Friend found in my hotel bed this week while on business trip. Quite the fetching pose....
BedCritter.jpg

I have a bunchhhhhhh.

Here's a start.

Really neat pics-

On January 13th, a few of our local fire fighters responded to a house fire at about 7pm in the evening. They were told there was someone inside so they began a search and found the victim, a man that weighed over 400 lbs.

One of the firefighters tried to drag this man out with the assistance of his Lieutenant, and in the process the victim's O2 bottle exploded. The firefighter was caught in the midst of the explosion, and subsequently actually caught fire.

The firefighter continued to drag the victim until the point in which he realized he was on fire. He then asked to go and the Lieutenant OK'd it. He was steamed when they extinguished him outside of the house, and suffered a few burns on his ears and wrists as a result of this and the explosion.

Below are pictures of the firefighter's burnt gear.

A normal jacket and pack to the left, The burned jacket and pack to the right
JHanson1.jpg

Close up of his Jacket. Note the place where his air bottle and its pack and straps were against the jacket and unburned. Also note the completely melted reflective stripes, and the rips in the seams where the jacket actually shrank and busted.
JHanson2.jpg

Closeup of packs and bottles. Note the strap that holds the bottle in the pack. The pic isn't that clear, but the bottle actually blistered on the top where the majority of the heat was.
JHanson3.jpg

Unburned helmet on left, the burned one on the right. Note the size difference. The burned one shrank.
JHanson4.jpg

Rear view of helmets and face masks from air packs. Unburned on left, burned on right. Note the actual burned Nomex hood. This is where the ear burns occured. This is fricken unreal. I have never sean a nomex hood actually burn. I guess it had something to do with the accelerated presence of O2 in the explosion..
JHanson5.jpg

Here is a pic of his helmet and his face mask / hood sitting on a pole. Note the stress cracks in the shield of the mask. Hard to see but it looks like a shattered tempered glass window. When he took his mask off, it actually left impressions of his fingers in it because it was still soft and pliable from the heat.
JHanson6.jpg

Here are his gloves. They are laying on top of unburned gloves, to show how much they shrank.
JHanson7.jpg

These are the guages on the bottom of the air pack bottles. They tell how much air is in the bottle.
JHanson8.jpg

Unfortunately, the victim did not make it, but in my opinion this firefighter gave one heck of an effort. This is the worst case I have seen, and his pants and boots all suffered the same fate. His boots are still wearable, but will probably be replaced for good measure.

Just figured some of you all might like to see what these suits can do, as far as protecting life in such a hostile environment. This whole suit, air pack and all, can cost as much as $3k. A small price to pay to protect us as we work :cheers:

The wife cooking something around thanksgiving

thanksgiving09_1.jpg

Repainting the roof on my car

roofpaint2.jpg

roofpaint3.jpg

Finished
roofpaint4.jpg

Fishing trip back in January with wife and daughter. Wife with daughter and fish

fishin5.jpg

Daughter and I holding another fish for her. I had my fire coat on because it was freezing and I forgot my regular coat..
fishin6.jpg

Close up of same fish
fishin4.jpg

Some small, maybe two lb largemouths I caught fishing in the same young pond..texas rigged worm

fishin3.jpg

fishin2.jpg

Here is one of the ones caught on a rooster tail

fishin1.jpg

Daughter at the petting zoo at the fair back in October

fair6.jpg

fair7.jpg

My bike rack on my car. People think I'm nuts

bikerack.jpg

Beach trip July of last year

beachtrip7.jpg

Don't ever pour the rest of the concrete out of a truck that you didn't use into a big pile and let it dry.

chunk1.jpg

Started on it with a small 4 lb sledge hammer. Wasn't getting anywhere, So I pulled out the 10lb sledge, and started making a little more progress. I got it all busted up to this chunk, which refused to crack apart any further. It was too big to pick up so I wrestled it up this 2x6 onto the back of the truck. Thank God the 2x6 didn't break. Then it was off to the local landfill to dispose of it. Lesson learned...

chunk2.jpg

Raw chicken wing, trying to figure out how to cook them

chickenwing.jpg

Figured it out..

hotwings.jpg

Mr. Coyes Home Office ???

attachment.php

In a strange dream, I imagined that this may be Bill's home Office and "live fire" gaming center.

But I could be wrong.......

1296445852076.jpg

attachment.php

I happen to know that Bill has way more guns than that and he runs 3 monitors.

Last edited:
Pork on the grill

attachment.php

A hog hunting friend of mine,that I use to hunt hogs with,when I was able,brought me this hind quarter.
I injected it with Creole Garlic,and covered with pork rub.
I like to cook it slow.Hope to have pork in a few hours........
Mama an da babes gonna eat gud tonight
Anybody hungry??

God bless,Keith

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't name them all but the 2 that I find interesting are the ma deuce and the light saber.:les:

Back