Prayers needed...

Thinking of you today. Take it slow. I had 5 stents put in 8 months ago. 2 full blockages. ( full metal jacket) Not as aggressive as bypass but the same result. They are fixing your pipes. Yes it will be a slow recovery, lots of fatigue but don’t get frustrated. Your energy will come back. Anytime you need to talk we are here for you!!

Update from his wife....

Ted is officially out and is set up in ICU.
Quadruple bypass.
Went as expected.
Sedated for the night
Said his vital signs are good. And they are watching him all night long.
He's in good care.
We will check on him in the morning.
Continue to pray.
If he does good through the night , they will start to wake him up and wean him off some meds and remove the ventilator and heart pump. A lot depends on how his body responds.
The doctor said the next 24 hours are important.

Going to go grab a bite to eat.
Calling it a night.
It’s been a long day!
Thanks for all your ❤️, thoughts and prayers! So appreciate them!

I’ll keep you posted....

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Here's what she posted last night....

Ted update 1/8
Still in ICU
Early this morning we came in to check on Ted. They said he was slow coming off things and they were going to let him rest today . And there would be no visitors for the day. To let his body rest. That this might be a slow process.... a day to day thing....
So we left to get lunch and do errands.
About 1 we received a call that Ted was completely awake and requesting family. We came back and he was breathing on his own and they took him off the ventilator!
He’s talking! And will get to eat dinner tonight.
Wow!
This morning
This afternoon
Doing good. Vital signs are good.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Next thing for him to get off is the heart pump.
Thanks for all the ❤️, thoughts and prayers!
Keep them coming!

Here's what she posted last night....

Ted update 1/8
Still in ICU
Early this morning we came in to check on Ted. They said he was slow coming off things and they were going to let him rest today . And there would be no visitors for the day. To let his body rest. That this might be a slow process.... a day to day thing....
So we left to get lunch and do errands.
About 1 we received a call that Ted was completely awake and requesting family. We came back and he was breathing on his own and they took him off the ventilator!
He’s talking! And will get to eat dinner tonight.
Wow!
This morning
This afternoon
Doing good. Vital signs are good.
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Next thing for him to get off is the heart pump.
Thanks for all the ❤, thoughts and prayers!
Keep them coming!
That's really good news!!

Awesome!! Praise God!!! I called the hospital yesterday evening....but of course they wouldn't tell me anything. But had to try.

Thanks Anthony! You mentioned "she posted last night".... where?? (If you can)

Geez.... am I ever a knucklehead! After Anthony said "Facebook"... the light came on. I don't think she knew Anthony was passing on info..... once we got "friended" on FB, she asked me to keep everyone informed. Sounds Like Mr. Ted is doing as well as you can when your chest has been cracked open! Just keep send prayers and good thoughts his way!!

Continued prayers, I know what is like waking after a quad bypass. When you get thru and ready to go home, you have no dignity left, every part of your body has been seen by someone, shaved, poked and prodded. LOL Heads up when they get you up to walk, make sure the therapist closes your, gown. I walked the hallway 3 times on the floor. Before a passing nurse came up behind me and tied the back of my gown!! :oops::p Oh well!!!

Once you get out of ICU, every day is an improvement! Even the getting out of ICU is a victory! Will keep saying a prayer for you and your family!!

Back