Quarantine not so bad

I'm with ya Fred! Even without all this going on, I generally spend all day, every day, in the shops with just me and the dogs. With Cindy now working from home, I have to remind myself to go inside and check on her every now and then, just to let her know I'm still alive. :) About the only thing "pulling" on me is Ace Hardware..... I have one less than two miles from the house, and I'm used to just jumping in the truck, running there and getting the little things I need.....otherwise, until I have to start shooting the squirrels in the backyard to eat..... I'm good! :)

I'm with ya'll. Actually this idea of Quarantine won't really change my life all that much. There are times when I go a week or more without ever leaving home. Been leaving home more often lately because I've been doing grocery shopping - where I wear mask and take care.

Well, Squirrel and Dumplings are hard to beat

Ahhh the memories! I grew up on a farm in southern Indiana, where squirrel hunting for a kid was a major deal! All the boys would have a competition every year to see who could put the most squirrels in the freezer! The best year I can remember was 112 for me..... the same year my best friend got over 200! :)
That was the same point in time when school was out for the first day of deer season, and we had our guns in the back window of the truck when we drove to school! :)

I learned to hunt at 6-7, and had my own single shot .410 at 8. My Dad was in the Navy at the time, and Mom let me hunt on my own. The limit was 5 squirrels per day, so Mom would give me 5 shells, and however many squirrels I brought home, I got that many more shells for the next day. If I shot all my shells, and didn't bring home any squirrels, I didn't get to hunt for 3 days! So I learned early..... don't waste ammo! :)

If you eat that Squirrel without skinning it, (obviously the tail last) you won't have to worry about toilet paper! o_O

Back