Raindrop Pattern Damascus EDC

Graham Fredeen

Howdy Folks,

Haven't made too many posts over here yet, and due to "life" I haven't had a great deal of shop time recently either. Finally got another blade completed, so thought I'd better come over this way and share it with you folks.

I think this one will be a new EDC for myself. My old EDC is getting a bit beat up and as the only example of my work I usually have on me, it doesn't look as impressive anymore and really doesn't reflect my current work as well either. So I figure its about time to put the old dog to rest and "update" cool 1

Blade is about 368 layer "raindrop" pattern damascus in 1095 & 15N20 Forged by me.
Blade Length: 4" (tip to guard)
OAL: 8.5"
Stabalized spalted maple burl handle
Mosaic pin
416 Stainless guard
Inside pocket carry sheath with pocket clip

RaindropPatternEDC3.jpg

RaindropPatternEDC2.jpg

RaindropPatternEDC1.jpg

RaindropPatternEDC4.jpg

RaindropPatternEDC5.jpg

RaindropPatternEDC6.jpg

Hope you folks enjoy it, I'm pretty pleased with the result :)

Beautiful damascus! Looks more like river and eddies than raindrops to me -- this is very good. The rest of the knife is great too.

Wonder how long it will last in your pocket until someone makes you an offer you can't refuse?

Thanks a lot everyone.

Wayne - Long time no see. I've been busier than snot as you can imagine. One of these days I might have to try to get up your way again, just hard to say when :rolleyes: after this week its onto +40 hour work weeks straight through August.

Dan - I like that classification for the pattern, river and eddies, very fitting cool 1

I'll try to hold onto this one as long as I can (its rare to get to make a knife for myself). But for the right offer, I might let it go ;)

Also, I'll have its "sister" finished hopefully in a couple of days. It will be a nice hunter and was done out of the other half of the billet. Got the guard and the rough handle block all fitted this evening, so hopefully tomorrow I can get alot of the handle work done, and get it ready for final assembly. We'll see though.

Last edited:
Great knife!! Great sheath!! Excellent damascus!! If I was a betting man, I would bet that you sell that real quick.

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the comments and the number of responses I have recieved here vs other forums I have posted this on, shows the great community here 2thumbs .

I just put the final touches on the hunter I mentioned before. I think it turned out really nice. I'll grab some pictures of it after a bit and try to get them posted within the next day or so.

But as for right now, my break is over and I've spent the past few days doing only finish work, so I'm itching to get the forge going. Got a basket weave billet in the works that I'd like to get finished before the weekend is over.

Beautiful pattern and excellent execution.

Beautiful knife

Scott

Back