Rawhide Sheaths

R Appleby

KNIFE MAKER
Thanks to a tutorial by Mr John Cohea I believe my rawhide sheaths are an instant improvement from my previous efforts. So thank you Mr Cohea and all the other who freely share their knowledge.

Attachments

• rjprimbelt3.jpg
    rjprimbelt3.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 64
  • rjprimbelt1.jpg
    rjprimbelt1.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 50
  • rjprimpatch4.jpg
    rjprimpatch4.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 46
  • rjprimpatch1.jpg
    rjprimpatch1.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 47
Those look very nice.John's tutorial is really good as well.Dave2thumbs

The sheaths look fantastic Ron! I may need to delete that tutorial, it seems I'm training too much potential competition:DSeriously, I'm always thrilled when someone posts a sheath they made using the tutorial. There is so little info out there on this type of sheathwork, and I put the tutorial up in hopes of shortening the learning curve for those who want to give it a shot, and it seems to be working2thumbs

The sheaths look fantastic Ron! I may need to delete that tutorial, it seems I'm training too much potential competition:DSeriously, I'm always thrilled when someone posts a sheath they made using the tutorial. There is so little info out there on this type of sheathwork, and I put the tutorial up in hopes of shortening the learning curve for those who want to give it a shot, and it seems to be working2thumbs

Your tutorial is great, I have been fooling around with rawhide for a while but couldn't nail down the look. I dont know if I'm the only one but I would have never thought on my own that I could glue dampened rawhide with contact cement because glue and water(except for specialized adhesives) don't mix.

Thanks again
Bob Appleby

Back