Researching for a project on Knifemaking

THANK YOU everyone!!! You filled in enough missing info for me to find a pic of a Bowie style that I had seen only once in a magazine article. This Bowie looks sorta' like a cross between a "Nessie" and a Bowie. The knife I am talking about is the one Rezin Bowie presented to Cephas Ham. I want to do a reproduction of that blade style!! Thank you!! Thank you!! This is the one I'm talking about. Sorry for the little Hijack..... I just had to say Thank you though!!

Attachments

• Cephas-Ham-Bowie.jpg
    Cephas-Ham-Bowie.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 22
Back to your list, the Blade Hall of Fame includes several who were not knifemakers but were otherwise influential to the knife industry including publishers and historians.

Harvey Draper and S.R. Johnson are others you might consider.

By the way, it is Gil Hibben, not Hibbens. Gil taught Buster Warenski, SR Johnson and Harvey Draper among hundreds of others. They went on to develop their own style but many roots run back to Gil.

Back to your list, the Blade Hall of Fame includes several who were not knifemakers but were otherwise influential to the knife industry including publishers and historians.

Harvey Draper and S.R. Johnson are others you might consider.

By the way, it is Gil Hibben, not Hibbens. Gil taught Buster Warenski, SR Johnson and Harvey Draper among hundreds of others. They went on to develop their own style but many roots run back to Gil.

Thank you
Mike, if you have the time would you like to do a write up on Gil? I have always been a fan of Gil, But you can do a much better job of it. Mike I am trying to put together a project of what the influential knifemaker brought to world Of knifemaking. I just started put the data together. Gil is in my list.

Current list.

Bo Randall
James B. Lile
M.H. Cole
Hoyt Buck - Founder of Buck Knives
Al Buck - Father of Buck 110.
Bob Loveless - Revolutionary in use of super metals in Knives
Bill Moran - ABS
George Herron
Bob Terzuola - Tactical Folder
William Scagel -
Gil Hibben - Teacher
Buster Warenski - Brought art and Knives together
Blackie Collins - Changes the way Folders are made.
Frank Centofante
Sal Glesser
Ken Warner
Rudy Ruana
D’Alton Holder
Michael Walker - Liner lock
Bo Randall – Custom maker , maintaining a company and still hand making the knives
Bob Lum – American Tanto
Ed Fowler - Author
Ken Onion – assisted Open
Ron Lake - Frame lock
Wayne Goddard - Author, Father and Teacher of modern knifemaking.

Thank you
Mike, if you have the time would you like to do a write up on Gil? I have always been a fan of Gil, But you can do a much better job of it. Mike I am trying to put together a project of what the influential knifemaker brought to world Of knifemaking. I just started put the data together. Gil is in my list.

Sure. Just let me know more of what you need and how long you want it to be.

What about Bob Engnath? He really helped us to understand knifemaking. The teaching part is big otherwise there might be less of us out there making and teaching.

Pat

Back