Saw this and thought I found something

Keith Willis

My daughter and I went for a little walk over the levee ... I live 1 block from the Mississippi River ... Walking along the edge of the water I saw this and thought I found something good, till I picked it up LOL
image.jpg

It's a piece of wood, but when I saw it laying in that river mud it looked like a piece of tusk. Btw is the pic showing up for you all?

God bless

Fine picture Keith, and hey, I knew what it was but still would have picked it up to make sure. I 've read that mammoth teeth have been found in the river. Frank

Last edited:
Thanks Frank... I will continue looking every chance I get...and right now I have nothing but time

God bless

I would have grabbed that too. Looks like it has a new home even if its only wood. :)
Sell it on ebay. I've seen a potato chip with Obama on it go for $155.

Last edited:
I had a friend that lived down south years ago. He was an excavator operator. He told me several times they had found mammoth tusks while digging. Jobs had been shut down over such finds. Bad thing was that the soil in that part of the country turned bones and ivory to chalk. It just wasn't worth stopping work.

Back